Dearly Beloved Reader,
Have you ever wanted fame, recognition, appreciation for who you are — but at no substantial cost to yourself in terms of years and years spent working for it?
Well, if so, then I have fun and exciting news for you! While I cannot quite promise you fame, I can certainly guarantee genuine recognition and appreciation are now within your grasp! Best of all, you can have both for the low, low cost of a mere few short minutes of your time!
How does it work? Well, as you might have noticed, I have an “About You” page on this blog in addition to the usual “About Me” page that you see on most every blog these days (if you have not actually noticed the “About You” page yet, I would ask that you and I get genetically tested to see if we’re siblings).
By posting on the “About You” page, you will help me to visualize who I am writing for. It seems that every writer consciously or subconsciously images an audience when he or she writes something. I have recently become aware of the possibly alarming fact that I myself have been up until now subconsciously imagining my audience was an undetectable leprechaun farting invisible rainbows beneath my cottage window. Consequently, I wish to update my view of who reads this blog…um…just as soon as possible!
You would really be helping me out if you could take a moment to post about yourself!
It’s a simple thing to do, and I’ve tried to make it even easier by posting a list of suggested questions to get your creative juices flowing when describing yourself. By no means do you need to answer all of them, or even most of them. You can do that if you want, but if you don’t want to answer all of them, just pick the ones you like and answer those. Or make up entirely new questions of your own to answer!
Now, I believe many of my readers will naturally wish to know, “Am I welcome to post an introduction to myself on Café Philos while I am nude?” Indeed, such questions seem all but inevitable. So, please allow me to assure you that, unlike many more prudish blogs, Café Philos is clothing optional.
By the way, your responses on the “About You” page might or might not be lightly modified to make them easier for people to read by my inserting spaces between paragraphs, etc. But nothing you write will be changed by me to alter your words or meaning.
Remember, you are free and under absolutely no obligation to use any of the questions. But please do introduce yourself. Not only will you gain easy-to-earn recognition and appreciation from me and perhaps other readers, but you will be profoundly helping me to make this blog a great blog to visit! And you sure want a great blog to visit, don’t you?
Please do it as soon as you can!
All the best,
Here are the promised suggestions to get you started — feel free to use some, none, or all of these:
- How would you characterize your sense of humor?
- How did you find this blog and how long have you been reading it?
- What are the two to six most beautiful things you’ve seen in your life?
- What are your two to six favorite sayings or quotes?
- Do you have a favorite post on this blog? If so, what is it? What’s your second favorite post?
- What four to eight books, songs, pieces of music, movies, poems, or other works of art do you like most, and what do you most like about each one?
- What did you do that caused your mother to despair you would ever grow up?
- What do you do for a living?
- When is the best time to go fishing?
- At the end of your days, what do you want your loved ones to most remember about you?
- What is the only real reason you are not King or Queen of the Universe?
- What have you done for a living in the past? Include past lives, if you wish.
- What do you do for a hobby?
- What blog post topics do you like most?
- What recreational criminal activity are you most likely to engage in during your free time?
- Where are you from?
- What is your scientific, religious, spiritual, or philosophical background or history?
- What other blogs do you read besides this one?
- How would you describe your politics?
- Were you a favorite child?
- In general, how would you pithily describe yourself? Playful, passionate, sincere, analytic, contemplative, stoic, taciturn, shy, horny, ideological, romantic, sensational, sensual, light-hearted, outgoing, personable, driven, goal-oriented, fast-paced, laid-back, or in some other terms?
- Complete the sentence: “The awesome truth that I am actually the child of super-intelligent space aliens was first revealed to me ______________.”
- What are your favorite foods?
- If you had to have a phobia of something, which phobia would you chose for yourself? And how would you deal with it?
- Did you really play that trick on your favorite sibling? And, if so, what was the trick? How did he or she take it?
- What post topics would you like to see written more about?
- What was the best job you’ve ever had?
- What is the most scandalous article of clothing that you frequently wear?
- What do you find most attractive about this blog besides the exceptional good looks of its author?
- What is the most absurd thing you’ve ever heard in your life besides the allegation that the author of this blog is exceptionally good looking?
- What are your four major strengths as a person?
- What are your four major weaknesses as a person?
- In general, do you feel you play more to your strengths, or try more to compensate for your weaknesses?
- What is the funniest post (or posts) you’ve read on this blog?
- In general, do you feel you behave true to yourself?
- Do intentions matter to you more than actions, or actions matter to you more than intentions?
- What is the maximum number of chickens that can cross the same road in the same joke?
- What is the number one reason police officers think you are a suspicious character?
- Complete this sentence: “The completely unsuspected fact that I am indeed the world’s greatest lover was revealed to me when _____________.”
- In life, do you laugh most often with the gods or against them?
- Who was the one person you most wanted to marry but didn’t, and why didn’t you? If you had it to do all over again, would you still want to marry him or her?
- What was the thing or event that made you first realize you were in love with your partner?
- Which blog posts on Café Philos have been most helpful to you? How?
- Do you ever feel someone has asked you too many questions all at once? By any chance is that someone the exceptionally good looking author of this blog?
- What else can you think of sharing with your closest 400 or so Café Philos reading friends?